Thursday, September 15, 2005

volunteer... or not

I am mourning the loss of a sense of citizenship. I enjoy being a good citizen, contributing to the school or church or community, participating in making the wheel turn. I am amazed at the number of people who do nothing, yet expect so much. I have a parent in one of my organizations who cannot get her children to anything, always calling to ask for a ride. She has a husband who helps, three children just like me, but still can't manage to get her kids where they need to be. AND SHE EXPECTS ME TO BE ABLE TO DO IT! (mouth hanging open in astonishment!!!)
Bless those who do. Bless all the PTO moms who show up for everything. Bless the Sunday School teachers. Bless the scout leaders everywhere. They have no less on their plates than everyone else, but they GIT 'ER DONE.
The rest of you - step up to the plate. You may find that through the effort, you are blessed.

No comments: